Adding to the family
THINKING OF GETTING A PUPPY OR OLDER DOG TO ADD TO YOUR FAMILY?
I’ll help you sort through important questions like:
- What breed/type of dog fits your family’s lifestyle?
- What level of energy fits your family’s lifestyle?
- What size and age might be the best fit?
- How do you find a puppy/dog – breeder, shelter, rescue organization?
- How do you assess responsible and ethical breeders, rescue organizations and shelters?
Have you already decided and found your new family member? Is it a puppy or older dog? I can help you sort through the details of how to prepare BEFORE your puppy/dog arrives in your home.
- Where will the dog sleep?
- For safety, where will the dog be kept when you are away from home.
- How do you introduce the dog to other four-legged family members and two-legged also!
- What do you need to buy to be prepared?
- What does your puppy need to be healthy – both physically and mentally?
WE’RE HAVING A BABY!
- Are you expecting a baby? Will this be your pups first experience with a new family addition?
- What can you do to help your dog transition to a new family member?
- How to introduce your dog to the baby.
- What factors might be an issue and what to do about it.
- Are there safety concerns?
- What skills to teach your dog to help make a smooth transition.
to discuss your needs and set up a consultation/training session.