Understanding Dog Behavior and the
Relationship Between Humans and Dogs:
- The Culture Clash Jean Donaldson
Considered the definitive book on positive reinforcement based dog training and how dogs really function
- The Other End of the Leash Patricia McConnell Ph.D
When humans communicate with dogs, a lot can get lost in the translation. This book teaches readers how to retrain themselves to consistently use language dogs can understand and avoid sending confusing messages
- For The Love of a Dog Patricia McConnell Ph.D
Understanding emotion in you and your best friend. Combination of science, stories and practical advice that can improve the relationship between dogs and people.
- Dogs Are From Neptune Jean Donaldson
Candid answers to questions about dog behavior.
- The Cautious Canine Patricia McConnell Ph.D
How to help dogs conquer their fears.
- Feeling Outnumbered? Patricia McConnell Ph.D. and Karen London Ph.D.
How to manage and enjoy your multi-dog household
- I’ll Be Home Soon Patricia McConnell Ph.D
How to prevent and treat separation anxiety
- Fiesty Fido Patricia McConnell Ph.D. and Karen London Ph.D.
Help for the leash aggressive dog.
- Fight! Jean Donaldson
- Mine! Jean Donaldson
Information on Clicker Training:
- Don’t Shoot the Dog! The New Art of Teaching and Training: Karen Pryor (revised edition)
Karen Pryor is a behavioral scientist and animal trainer who is a powerful proponent of the principles and practical uses of positive reinforcement in teaching new behavior. “…this book is about the laws of reinforcement, some practical ways to use those laws in the real world, and the movement called clicker training”.
- Living with Kids and Dogs..Without Losing Your Mind
- DOGS BITE – But Balloons and Slippers Are More Dangerous
A great resource for books and videos regarding dogs: www.Dogwise.com